Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

VPS - network suspended

Discussion in 'Free VPS Hosting' started by Snate, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Snate

Snate VPS Client

Today I tried to access the website running on my server, but I got the error the host couldn't be accessed.

When I look in "private rack", it seems the vps is running correctly but the network is in the state "network suspended".

I already tried to restart the server but the issue remains the same. As the network connection isn't working I can't connect over ssh to get more information.
    I also was never even close to going beyond the bandwidth limit, so this can't be the issue.

Thanks,
    Snate

2. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  3. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Hello,

Per our TOS, it was suspended (and darn close to being terminated) because your VPS had 0 external visits/usage for months, and you had not been to the forum here for 6 months. It took you 2 months just to notice that it had been suspended. ;)

Don't forget we have certain activity requirements that need to be met, so a VPS is not just sitting idle using resources that could be used for others.

Jase Wolf likes this.
  4. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

I have re-enabled it for you.

Jase Wolf likes this.
  5. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

My goodness... for a moment I was really scared. When I saw this "VPS - network suspended" within the "Network and Server Status" category I though about the end of the world... LOL!!!!

@Bryan, can you move this thread to "Free VPS Hosting"? This here generates confusion and fear. :p

Jase Wolf likes this.
  6. Snate

Snate VPS Client

@brian
    I would like to thank you for reactivating my vps.
    In the future, I will go more frequently to the forum, it has indeed be a long time since I last logged in.

But I also took a look today at the google analytics and up to the date it went offline, there were some visitors every couple of days.
    In January there where 61 visitors, in february 56 and 15 user in march until 8/3(the date it went offline)
    So I don't really understand, how it comes you say there was 0 external visits for months.

I'm using cloudflare because otherwise it couldn't work with ipv4, could it be it always shows a cached page to the users, so you don't see any traffic. But when the server was offline, the site also didn't work any more with cloudlflare, so I think it must also check the vps by every visit and thus generate some traffic.

@Fedora sorry for posting in the wrong thread but because the vps seemed to be running and the listed error was network suspended, I thought the issue was network related. It would be more clear, if vps suspended was used. If I'm able to move the thread I don't find a button to do so. If you can say how to move it, I will do it.

Jase Wolf and Fedora like this.
  7. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Don't worry, it was moved already. I hope you like the VPS service of Instafree, it is amazing. :)

By the way, my cat wants to add a comment: we have a @brian and a @Bryan. Who of both is ours?

[​IMG]

Jase Wolf, Snate and Evets like this.
  8. Snate

Snate VPS Client

oops typo, your cat is correct, it's @Bryan I meant.

I'm indeed happy with the Instafree services, until now it has always been working without any problems.
    When I found out I was banned due to inactivity, I thought I had to search for a new service, that I'm reactivated makes Instafree even better. :)

Only the diskspace is very limited, I have been struggling with files and programs when my disk was completely full. But as I'm using a free plan, I know I can't expect to have unlimited resources and knew it already before I subscribed.

Instafree is giving everything it promised, so no regets yet for choosing this service. :)

Jase Wolf likes this.
  9. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Just in general the prices for VPS upgrades are really really reasonable. Some of the packages are yearly.

Jase Wolf likes this.