Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

There's the catch guys.

Discussion in 'Free VPS Hosting' started by Showcase One Media, Oct 6, 2016.

1. I hate signing up for small hosting providers I come across because I know that there probably not good or legit.
    I can across this, checked it all out until I stumbled Upton a catch, the domain name. I don't have a paid domain name and I don't understand why you require one. Do you let us just use the IP adress? There's the catch, if you don't then it's not actually free because we still have to buy a domain.

If you allow VPS on just an ip adress let me know. I'm not even using it for a proper website or stuff, I'm only using it as a test environment.
    If you won't let me use a .tk domain or an Ip adress you can delete my accounts.

2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

We use a paid domain name on VPS hosting (you'll note we don't require it on a standard hosting account) because we are giving you root access, etc. without having any clue who you actually are. There are a lot of things you can do with a VPS (including DDoS attacks, etc.) that you can't do with shared hosting. You aren't turning over your credit card, address, personal details, etc. With our paid host, it's easy.

We require the domain name to validate who you are, etc. Can't tell you how many spammers, scammers, wrongdoers, etc. would abuse the hell out of our services if we didn't have such a requirement. It keeps our servers fast and our uptime high. You will not find another free host with the uptime we have here...that includes paid hosts, for that matter.. I will put our free hosting up against most other paid providers, and we will put them to shame as far as server load, speed, uptime, etc. is concerned.

No, you cannot use an IP or a free domain name.

It absolutely is free. We are a host, not a domain name provider. The hosting (which is what we provide) is absolutely 100% free.

Good luck with your search!

3. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Hello, and welcome! I can tell you from experience the hosting is 100% legit and uses only the best. I have both a VPS and a Reseller account! Both with amazing performance. Coming from paid and free providers I can honestly say that InstaFree is my home. The hosting uses REAL legit cPanel (the one that paid hosts use.) and while I understand your frustration, this service is for those who are serious, with a legit domain name. I apologize we could not be of more help but let me make it clear. The hosting you find here, beats competitors. It starts with the small things. Like having a legit domain name (.com .org .xyz)

My best advice to you would be to read the TOS/AUP and then make a decision. But let me stress, that this hosting is too good to be wasted. Give InstaFree a try and I am sure you will like it. Just ask @Fedora or @Jase Wolf this hosting simply can't be matched at a price like this.

Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  4. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

I tested many free host before until I came here. Now Instafree is my precious, and I will never leave Instafree.

[​IMG]

Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  5. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

Why would you want to build a site without a domain name? imho, it's a waste of all the effort you put into site building if you don't spend a few dollars on a name. I think the same about sub-domains on blogspot etc. as well.

Jase Wolf likes this.
  6. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Turns out he's a spam XD

Jase Wolf likes this.