Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

The Instafree teamspeak server

Discussion in 'Free TeamSpeak Hosting' started by Kuffy, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I've just tried to log in to see what it was. :)
    Is it open, and how can I use it when it is?

2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

It is open, and yep, you can use it any time you like. :) Just log in with Teamspeak and you're good to go.

Kuffy likes this.
  3. Kuffy

I don't seem to be able to log in, or get a UUID. cntl+I doesn't seem to do anything, and neither does connect or sync.

Have I disabled something that will prevent access?

4. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Hmmmmmm. That sounds about right. When you click those buttons, does anything actually happen? And just to verify, you do have Teamspeak installed?

Kuffy likes this.
  5. Kuffy

Well that was a bit embarrassing - of course, I hadn't downloaded Teamspeak. I'm one of those people who opens the box as soon as I get home, and try to get the appliance working. If it doesn't work, then I look for the manual and read that. :) Anyway, I've installed it, and it now looks as if everything is fine. Well I've left the cardioid mike somewhere, and I guess I should use that if I'm in a public venue. I'll dig it out, and see if antone will talk to me.

I've started to look at teamspeak for a number of reasons. I suspect it will be useful to discuss political sites with people whilst viewing the sites. It could be useful to help people to get started with Bitcoin. I'm also mulling over the possibility ot using it to run a small private domain name auction.

Sorry to be so stupid Bryan, and thanks for putting me onto the right tracks.

Bryan likes this.
  6. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Ha ha ha! It happens. I was honestly not going to ask, but then I thought I had better be certain before fishing somewhere else to try to find the answer. :D We don't ever have a lot of people on the IF Teamspeak, but we also don't really advertise it or anything. Just a place to get together and chat and such.

7. Kuffy

As the late Victor Serebriakoff was wont to say. "Just becuse you are intelliegent, it doesn't mean you can't be stupid". :)

I'll dig out my microphone, and have a go at chatting if anybody else wants to try it. I gather I have to apply for permission to use voice contact.

Bryan likes this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Your permissions should be set automatically. We have a neat little script that takes your forum permissions and applies it to the Teamspeak server. So you should just be able to get on there and talk (I hope).

9. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

If you need someone to test them out. Let me know.

Kuffy likes this.
  10. Kuffy

Thanks - I'll have a look for the microphone again.

I'm interested because I think it could be useful to help people to start using Bitcoin. I want to sell some domain names, and to accept Bitcoin as payment using the escrow feature. I thought that if I had a teamspeak channel, I could talk to buyers and the escrow party whilst the transaction was being set up and confirmed.

11. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Makes perfect sense. Just remember that the IF Teamspeak is open to anyone with a forum account here. So it isn't exactly private...which might be a concern. In fact, guests shouldn't even be able to get on there, if you invite non IF'ers.

Is this just testing to see how Teamspeak works in general? You'd obviously want to get set up with your own Teamspeak server instance long term, which I'd be more than happy to get set up for you. :)

12. Kuffy

I've requested talk power permission. I'm assuming this is required to activate the mike. The mike works if I run diagnostics, but I can't save any speech.

re: setting up a server. Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm a long way away from that. There are at least 3 major obstacles. Getting buyers to pay with Bitcoin, persuading them that they should install a teamspeak client. Getting the Bitcoin escrow possibility to work, afaik nobody has tried this yet.

13. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

You should have that power automatically. I'll check out the permissions and see what I can come up with. Not supposed to have to request anything.

14. Kuffy

I'm using a Blue Yeti USB microphone set to cardioid reception. I've got Teamspeak on voice activation, and I use headphones to cut out feed back.

15. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

You should be good now. You were moved into some weird Teamspeak usergroup for some unknown reason. Looks like I still have some testing to do on the plugin. :D :D

Kuffy likes this.
  16. Kuffy

I'm always getting put into weird groups - it's no wonder I've become an eccentric.

I've just packed the audio stuff away, but I'll have a go tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Bryan likes this.
  17. Kuffy

It looks as if it is working correctrly now. At least the session recording is saving my comments, and I can play them back later. It looks as if there are some micro-breaks in the recording, and I'll have a lood into that. It seems as if it is saving backets, and not stitching them together seamlessly. It's not a big problem, as the record is perfectrly intelligible, and it may be something to do with the microphone settings.

18. Kuffy

I've installed overwolf, and that looks to be a bit resource hungry. Is it worth leaving it installed?

19. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

I don't like it

Kuffy likes this.
  20. Kuffy

I'll probably take it out then. It doen't seem to do much for me. :)