Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

Restrict member list to registered members

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kuffy, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I've looked at the guest activity several times over the last couple of months, and I've noticed that most of the time they are looking at members' profiles. I'm guessing that these are bots trying to harvest members' details.
    Would it be an advantage to both InstaFree and the forum members if access to the members list was restricted to registered members?

2. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Bryan likes this.
  3. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

What @Fedora suggests is probably the best method. It is possible to restrict the Member List, but then people could just click on your name in any of the posts, etc., and get to the same information. Blocking that isn't really feasible.

4. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

This is not about the thread but I want to say:

@Bryan, I like so much the names in pink, blue and green! I love it! :D:D:D

Bryan likes this.
  5. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

Thanks for that reply Fedora. I've updated my privacy setings, and that seems to cover everything.