Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

ANNOUNCEMENT JetBackup

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Bryan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

If you have logged into cPanel lately, you might have noticed a bunch of icons for JetBackup. It's a new more user friendly backup system we have deployed across every cPanel server.

R1Soft is still running concurrently with JetBackup, but will be going away really soon. It keeps breaking databases, their support team is terrible/non-existent, and they recently tripled their prices (Oh yes!) on their server licenses. No thanks!

In other InstaFree news...

uptime.png

instafree-weather-forecast.png

Fedora, Dr. Pit and Kuffy like this.
  2. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I'm disappointed that that girl says there is no chance of downtime - she looks quite nice. :)

Bryan likes this.
  3. IEpicDestroyer

IEpicDestroyer Premium VPS Client

I noticed that there's this openvz backup option in the control panel for my VPS. Don't remember seeing that before, is that new too?

4. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Always adding new stuff!

5. Konstantin

She forgot to mention, amazing Admin!!

6. IEpicDestroyer

Me happy! But it would be nice if there was some option to backup to my own server as well. :)
    Offsite backups are always better.

Bryan likes this.
  7. Konstantin

You could always make a zip of the home directory or wherever your things are and then download via FTP

IEpicDestroyer and Bryan like this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

According to the control panel, that OpenVZ Backup is going way. Unfortunately, no off-the-shelfcontrol panel has really come up with a decent way to create snapshots. SolusVM tried and failed miserably. Still doesn't work after years.

I'm hoping the Virtualizer folks come up with a suitable replacement. We do take off-site backups of every VPS, but of course, you would have to open a ticket for a restore. The easiest method is to just rsync either the entire VPS, or /home or such depending on where your files are located, to an off-site backup space.

IEpicDestroyer likes this.
  9. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

You are making me ponder.......I wonder what would happen if InstaFree would provide free off-site backup space to its users? Hmmmmmm.....that might make us stand out from the others a little bit. :D:D:D

Dr. Pit likes this.
  10. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

[​IMG]

Bryan likes this.
  11. Konstantin

InstaFree is always looking to innovate new ways to stand out from the rest:
    We already have a rock solid infrastructure with outstanding uptime (We have never had a major outage while I've been here.) And it's not just the admin or the servers but it's also our strict set of guidelines. We don't host for just anyone or anything. If you want to host things that aren't legit or spam, go do it on someone else's servers. Frankly, those that come here and try to spam or just to cause trouble... why waste your time? Every advertising forum knows by now:
    1) We don't allow bots or any crap for that matter
    2) We do check and verify every single application
    3) We do have a forbidden countries list because of abuse
    4) We do have an outstanding set of people who are always willing to help
    5) We do have outstanding uptime with actual proof from multiple sources*

Think it's time for a cleanup of inactive accounts @Bryan ?
    *Proof #1
    My VPS is running like no other, I've tried many different hosts and this one really holds true to its advertising builtin
    If I wouldn't be paranoid about security and updates, my VPS would be running 365+ days, to be honest with you.

upload_2017-7-12_6-23-32.png

Bryan likes this.
  12. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Happens every month. :D :D

13. Konstantin

[​IMG]

Bryan likes this.
  14. IEpicDestroyer

At least there is a alternative now. Solus can't be bothered to update at all because everyone's going to use no matter what..

I do take backups off sftp, but I should get rsync running on my VPS to backup somewhere else, I just had another VPS that just vanished with my data in it... :(
    For some reason I just can't be bothered to figure out how to get rsync running...