1. Free Shared and Reseller Hosting account applications have been temporarily suspended.

For further information: Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

ISSUE: RESOLVED Intermittent Connectivity Issues - IF Website

Discussion in 'Network and Server Status' started by Bryan, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

There are ongoing intermittent connectivity issues to the IF website. We are working with the datacenter to resolve this.

David Gregoire likes this.
  2. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Does the DAL server have this problem too? From a few days I have an Error 522 on one of my sites. :(

3. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Our monitors only picked up a tiny amount on the DAL server...maybe 1 minute a few times, but that seems to have resolved itself quickly.

The datacenter claims to have made some adjustments, and we should see improvements within 24 hours. So far, it isn't looking too bad today.

Are you still getting the 522 errors now?

4. Fedora

Yes!!! Very fast and powerful again!!!

[​IMG]

THIS IS... INSTAFREE!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Bryan and David Gregoire like this.
  5. Fedora

I will continue to monitor the sites, but everything seems to be working properly. I love Instafree with all my heart. :D:D:D

Bryan and David Gregoire like this.
  6. David Gregoire

David Gregoire Premium Hosting Client Hosting Client

I've had some outages on uhost.cyou.

https://status.uhost.cyou

The longest was almost 1.5 hours.

https://status.uhost.cyou/786021613

It seems resolved now. Overall, it's still a pretty trivial amount of downtime - especially when compared against the cost. ;-) Things had been running slowly the night before, some 502 errors as I recall. The timing was at the same time I was telling Bing to take a peek at my site, so I figured it was something I did (CPU spiked to 100% and stayed there for a little while, according to cPanel) and that it only impacted me.

I tried to open the forum, but it gave me a CloudFlare error. That's when I figured it was probably something bigger than me and Bing trying to crawl the site en masse.

All in all, I still have no complaints!

Bryan likes this.
  7. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

That all seems just about spot on. Aside from the one major downtime hit (1.5 hours), it was largely just varying degrees of packet loss. The server that houses this website got hit WAY more than the other servers. Sometimes you would get the Cloudflare message, sometimes it would work.

Everything should be running properly now. The last packet loss I saw was about 15 hours ago.

8. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I'm still having connectivity issues with some of the Kuffy domains. One is https://English.Gold

edit - English Gold has just resolved after a long delay, but https://netbarons.com gives an error, and Softaculous can't update the forum software.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  9. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

I will look into this for you. Both domains are pinging fine. I'll see what's going on.

10. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Hey there Kuffy,

english.gold does take while to resolve. I'm wondering if this could maybe be some error on the sites end. All of my sites are loading super fast.

Would you be able to login to cPanel and then check the "error logs" section and see what you show there? Traceroutes are all coming back normal for me so it's not something on the network end
    upload_2021-4-28_22-23-21.png
    I'm thinking this could be the content itself. Can you check error logs for me and let us know what that looks like?
    Similar situation here I believe. The forum software is spinning it's wheels. Are you getting any kind of error in the auto installer?

Check error logs for both sites as well as resource usage and get back to us :)
    No other domains I have here are reporting issues so I would assume it's something on the account itself.

As a final troubleshooting step if you set a sub-domain called "demo" or "test.domain.com" and just put a basic "Hello world" page up, does that go quicker? Let's nail this down :D

PS: For the subdomain make sure the Hello world page is called "index.HTML" or "index.php" so the server shows that without needing to define the file name.

Screenshots to help you out :) You can also search for them in cPanel to navigate quicker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bryan likes this.
  11. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

Thanks for the offers of help. I seem to have got a lot of the sites into a mess through neglect. I've started to move a load of domains onto the Dan sales site, and I'm using their hosting for sales landers. This should clean up the hosting quite a bit, and I'm using softaculous to remove packages if one had been installed.

As an experiment, I registered the name https://PercyCution.com , and I tried to install B2£vo on it. This failed, and I installed Drupal instead, and this looks to be fine. I plan to use the site to try to srop the persecution of a couple of elderly ladies. The site is under Rusty Horn, which is a sub-account under the Kuffy reseller plan.

Please don't spend too much time on it, as I feel the problems may be of my making. I have a mass of 404 errors in the log, and sorting those out could be a good start.