1. Free Shared and Reseller Hosting account applications have been temporarily suspended.

For further information: Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

ANNOUNCEMENT Hosting Applications Suspended / Removal of Accounts

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Bryan, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Hi all,

Per the initial thread here (https://www.instafree.com/community/index.php?threads/sad-day-for-the-hosting-industry.7080/) there has been a massive change in the pricing structure for cPanel. Officially, we have been given no discount on the per-account pricing of $0.20. It is too much a cost to cover, considering there are potentially thousands of free accounts in existence.

Plan Going Forward:

DirectAdmin servers will be deployed at an unknown time. The biggest sticking point is still a lack of a solid DNS Cluster, so there might be a requirement to use CloudFlare or such...not really sure yet. There is also a lack of solid backup software, though JetApps (which we currently use on the cPanel servers) should be coming out with something within the next few months.

As of today, there will be a suspension of all free Shared and Reseller hosting applications. No new applications will be accepted.

If you currently have a cPanel account, you can keep it. However, from now until 9/1, we will be terminating all accounts that don't have working websites. This is in the AUP/TOS, and has been forever, but we have been extremely lenient about this in the past. This includes placeholders, "Hello World" sites, Coming Soon sites, blank WordPress installations, etc. It is unfortunate, but it has to be done to reduce costs.

Paid cPanel accounts will be available starting at $5.25 per year for the same free features that currently exist (10GB x 100 GB). $0.20/mo. x 12 + PayPal Fees. The $12/year plan may be raised slightly.

That covers everything I can think of for now. Any questions? Ask away!

Rony Ronouk, Jase Wolf and Fedora like this.
  2. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

If you need some help to clean the "no-websites" accounts, let me know. [​IMG]

Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  3. FSD

FSD Premium Hosting Client

Does the Hello World apply to the paid accounts as well? My main domain page is a Hello World but there are subdomains that are real websites. And I've got future plans lol.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  4. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

It does not, just the free accounts.

FSD likes this.
  5. sander k

sander k Hosting Client

I have paid for mine, do you know that? Not that I loose my stuff.

6. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Oh I know. :)

7. sander k

sander k Hosting Client

Great, when do I have to pay again? Do you know?

8. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

I'll look it up and PM you. I don't off the top of my head.

sander k likes this.
  9. sander k

sander k Hosting Client

Thats fine mate.

10. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I've got rid of a lot of domains. I started to delete the hosting, and I'll complete that over the weekend. O2 stills bans instfree and some of my domains, and tht has slowed me down a bit. The base domains are some of the ones banned.
    I've got backups for most of the sites, but not the SMF and Drupal ones. I'll sort those over the weekend.

I guess fit to talk - https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/index.php is the most important one. That is used by some of the Bitcoin Talk members, and I'm hoping to revive it over the next month or so.

11. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

You're good. No need to delete things...especially since you pay. :) Remember too that add-on domains do not count, just actual accounts. So you could literally (for now, until cPanel decides to be stupid) have 1000 add-on domains, and it doesn't cost a thing.

Kuffy likes this.
  12. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I'm a serial obsessive, and I'm trying to move on from my domain name obsession. I'm starting to get interested in life as a digital nomad now

Bryan likes this.
  13. Sain Cai

Sain Cai Hosting Client

Sorry I am late for the party. I currently have a free account, would I be losing this or are the registrations the only thing that is being suspended? I personally have no preference in what admin panel is being used (I am used to Cpanel, but believe I used DirectAdmin before) as 90% of my pages are created offline then uploaded. I can easily install wordpress/phpbb as well so that wouldn't affect me personally.

14. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

You're fine. It's only new registrations, until I get a DirectAdmin server or two up and running. Current accounts are not affected at all.

PCTipsGR likes this.
  15. Sain Cai

Sain Cai Hosting Client

Awesome, ty