Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

ANNOUNCEMENT Friendly Reminder About Nulled/Illegal Software

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Bryan, May 31, 2014.

1. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

We were contacted a few days ago by vBulletin regarding one of our members using a nulled version of their software.

Just a reminder that we absolutely comply with all DMCA requests...especially when it comes to nulled scripts. If you are found to be using any, your account will be removed permanently.

This is not something we tolerate.

2. Neelanshu

Neelanshu Member

thanks for this information.

3. jtrag

jtrag Tech/Geek/Guru

Got it ;) Will not be a problem at all with me ;)

4. Sain Cai

Sain Cai Hosting Client

Why use Vb when there is free software that IMO is just as good? I never had a prob with phpBB3

5. hostdude

hostdude Member

I used phpbb years ago. GReat forum script. Another good one is myBB

6. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

phpBB is good, MyBB is good. A lot of good free alternatives if that's what you're looking for.

7. avi

avi Hosting Client

Currently I am using MyBB and couldn't be more happier. The community support is just about great. And its already hosted on InstaFree ;-)

8. hostdude

hostdude Member

I have seen many forums using myBB. Looks like a great script.

9. Sloth

Sloth Member

I have used SMF since v1.1 but I recently moved to MyBB.

IMHO, MyBB is more actively developed and it has more features out of the box.

10. Ian

Ian TERMINATED

MyBB is a good one, I use it currently on my gaming forum. soon I will use it for my hosting.
    phpBB is crappy, only allows you to see permission of ONE group.

11. MGCJerry

MGCJerry Premium Hosting Client

I used to use the PHPNuke version of phpbb 2.0.13. Since renovating my sites, I don't have any forums anymore. Forums never were popular with my old rpg site.

12. Ian

Ian TERMINATED

Really depending on what your theme is (by Theme I mean post theme and what type it is). like I currently
    have a gaming forum that new but will get users soon with what gaming servers I have.

13. MGCJerry

My rpg site was primarily played on WebRPG & OpenRPG clients between 1999-2004. I didn't add forums until later, and most of the activity was PHPNuke support as well as a spam post attractor. The spam postings is what prompted me to develop a rather nasty system for hackers and spammers that auto-banned (68,000+ "attacks" between 2005-2014), and auto-insulted the attacker. I've gotten many death threats (and I even offered open invites to those people, "come on down south and I'll show you some southern hospitality"), and more fan/hate mail for that system alone than any other feature on my site. Go figure. :)

14. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I used to use SMF, sorry to hear it's not keeping up.

15. Ian

Ian TERMINATED

OW, Say the same but say COME ON DOWN AND I'LL SHOW YOU SOME NORTHERN HOSPITALITY, or something like that. :p

Feel sorry for you bud, SMF Is a deaman's board, no one supports it anymore.

MGCJerry likes this.
  16. MGCJerry

Yea, I could probably say that now that I'm living in Ohio. At that time, I was living in Florida in a crappy neighborhood and lots of local alligators. But as far as harassing skript kiddiez nowadays, I just assume tell them "nice try" and auto-ban. Guess it could be because I'm approaching middle-age like a runaway freight train cruising down a mountain slope with no brakes. Its a complete shame I don't have the "sample hacker page" online anymore, but its highly inappropriate for this board anyway.

Ian likes this.
  17. Ian

Ian TERMINATED

Hacker crap isn't allow here, let's not go there. :D and yes Alligators is a issue in Florida.

18. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

I live in FL... Never had an issue. If you live in an area where your meant to live and not swamp your good.

19. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I drove a girl friend from San Francisco to Tallahassee quite a few years ago. We used to go to Alligator Point sometimes. I thought that was an interesting concept, with houses built on stilts because the land was under water in the winter.

20. Ian

Ian TERMINATED

no, I live north. I know this from hearing about it.

Konstantin likes this.