Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

Email messages blocked

Discussion in 'Free Shared Hosting' started by JimG, Mar 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JimG

JimG Hosting Client

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

In the past two weeks I've had several sent messages blocked by the receiving ISP. One message was to xxxxx@prodigy.net and one message was to xxxxx@att.net which appear to be the same ISP under the covers. I have forwarded the bounced emails to their abuse address but have not received any reply.

I'm now at a loss. Is there anything else I can do to prevent this from occurring in the future. Having messages from my domain bounce forces me to forward the original email to my gmail.com account and then forward them on from there. Very cumbersome.

TIA,
    Jim

2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Hi Jim,

I hate to say, but no, there isn't really anything you can do. DKIM, SPF, and rDNS (the big ones that will cause deliverability issues) are configured fine. Our server itself is not listed on any blacklists at all.

But email blocking has gotten so ridiculous these days (and somewhat rightfully so due to spam) that these providers will often block entire datacenters.

Really the only thing you can do is write their abuse email and see if they are willing to un-blacklist/whitelist your address.

Rony Ronouk likes this.
  3. JimG

JimG Hosting Client

Bryan,
    Thanks. I'll do just that and post my results for others to see.
    Jim

Bryan likes this.
  4. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Sounds good, and if they need any other information regarding the server or anything, please let me know.

5. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Would the datacenter in Dallas help with this at all?

6. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

No. There is nothing on their end that would be causing it. It's simply these wacky providers that choose to block anything and everything.

7. Konstantin

I meant that the DC would maybe email AT&T on IF's behalf or something like that.

Bryan likes this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

They certainly could, but it's still up to the other fools to decide if they want to unblock it or not. The datacenter probably won't sway them one way or the other. It's gotten quite silly, to be honest. Even my Gmail account was being blocked by various places a few weeks ago.

The whole concept is actually pretty funny. If you don't send enough email from an IP, it has a bad reputation. If you send too much email from an IP, it has a bad reputation. There's no winning.

9. Konstantin

Picky picky IP reputation.

10. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I've got all of my Instafree domains and Instafree itself blocked by the WiFi service provided by the Morrison's supermarket chain. I can get round it by tethering my phone #, and by using a Tor window in the Brave browser. This won't help with email receipts though. I've had quite a few difficulties recently, so I haven't bothered to pursue the issue

If I get the chance, I'll construct an enquiry and ask for an explanation. It may not be very helpful though, as they block the Morrison's sales splash page as well. :)

11. JimG

JimG Hosting Client

OK. I think all is fixed, now. At least, until next time. The owner of swbell.net, prodigy.net and att.net turned out to be ATT. I forwarded three different blocked messages to their abuse email address over 4-5 days and after several days I got a reply saying they had 'removed my IP address' from their block list. This would be the shared IP address and they included a stern warning about future abuses by me (us). I assume that anyone else going through this could follow the same path.

12. Konstantin

Could be miscategorization. Let us know what happens!
    @JimG glad it's working.