Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

CPanel code editor night mode & word wrap

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jase Wolf, May 6, 2017.

1. Jase Wolf

Jase Wolf Premium Hosting Client

Currently making use of my Chromebook for editing pages on my site which actually is really nice, because CPanel has all I need for most things with the file manager and the editor.

But the white background in the editor is just hideous. It would be nice if CPanel had a night mode theme in the file manager and the editor as that makes everything so much easier on your eyes. I have it enabled everywhere that has night mode as an option, Discord, Twitter mobile app, the Android UI on my OnePlus 3T (Thank you OnePlus for this option), Visual Studio Code, etc.

I'm making use of high contrast mode/invert colours on Chrome OS so that the editor is more like Visual Studio Code, which does the job nicely but then it would be great if CPanel could offer this as an option in the editor that will stick with your account so I do not need to toggle the high contrast globally for the night mode effect.

Also if the editor could have a word wrap toggle that again also sticks with your account, that'd be great.

I must admit I do really like this using my Chromebook for lighter tasks such as writing up/editing a page on my website or doing something in Wordpress on my blog etc. Without a doubt I prefer sitting at my computer and using proper desktop software for doing big work like when I did my site complete redesign, but for when I am just writing up something in HTML or in Wordpress, my Chromebook is great for that.

The only disadvantage I would give having a Chromebook and not a Windows laptop is I can't go out to fast places to download things onto an external drive for my computer like Steam games that need to download/update through the Steam app. But then I don't even know if Steam and other things would allow sharing between computer installs anyway lmao.

Edit: Found this cool little Chrome browser plugin that is a per site high contrast setting tool. Much nicer than enabling high contrast globally.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Bryan likes this.
  2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

I'll pass it along to the cPanel folks and see what they have to say. They always welcome suggestions.

Jase Wolf likes this.
  3. Jase Wolf

Thanks Bryan :)

Wish this Chromebook had lit up keys as the screen glare does make seeing the keys hard at times when you're not in perfect lighting but it gets the job done lol. Though I think I will probably get myself some glasses again for using with this Chromebook as I've always been like this with laptops find them just hurting my eyes like anything, something I have no problem at all with on my 27" monitors lol.

Bryan likes this.
  4. Dr. Pit

Dr. Pit Hosting Client

@Jase Wolf I like using CodeAnywhere on my Chromebook. It's a pretty nice editor that you can connect to via ftp.

Jase Wolf likes this.
  5. Jase Wolf

Thanks :D Looks absolutely fantastic. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Dr. Pit likes this.
  6. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

I didn't know @Dr. Pit and @Jase Wolf you guys have Chromebooks

7. Jase Wolf

Remember, I stole your Chromebook. I have cloned it and you have the clone. I have the original and you are not getting it back!!

Dr. Pit likes this.
  8. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Riiiigggghhhht lol

Jase Wolf likes this.
  9. Valeyard

Valeyard Hosting Client