Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

You down with FTP?

Discussion in 'Free Shared Hosting' started by C2Kstudios, May 7, 2017.

1. C2Kstudios

C2Kstudios Hosting Client

Just a weird thing...I can access FTP with HTML-Kit no problem but not with Filezilla...it might have something to do with the fact that I'm running Vista on this machine and thus cannot update to the latest version but I can't be sure without more hassle then I'm willing to deal with tonight. Anyway this is what I see when I try to log in:

Capture.JPG

Any ideas?

2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Yeah you know me!

I'm out and not on my computer, so can't provide screenshots right now, but just use plain FTP, no encryption or TLS. There's been a bug of some sort with Filezilla and cPanel. Been like this for a while now.

Should fix it immediately.

3. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

4. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

And actually, it should work now with TLS, assuming cPanel doesn't overwrite my settings again. :)

5. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

6. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

I prefer to use the files manager on the cPanel. :)

7. C2Kstudios

C2Kstudios Hosting Client

Thanks Bryan that did the trick!

Thanks K & K ya I downloaded CoreFTP last night and I'll check the other one out too...at least on my Vista box anyway since I can't update well, almost anything now lol but hey she's been going strong almost 10 years now I'm not ready to put her out to pasture just yet!

Thanks Fedora ya that's what I did last night good thing the main site doesn't have a lot of files or folder structure haha...wouldn't want to try that with my genealogy site though man I'd be at it for a week!

Cheers all!

Bryan likes this.