Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

Wordpress Log In info

Discussion in 'Free Shared Hosting' started by Gene Savage, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Gene Savage

Gene Savage Hosting Client

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, so I apologize in advance for my "newbie" question.

When I go to http://blacklightradio.com/wp/wp-login.php it asks for my user name and password.

[​IMG]

Shouldn't this be my InstaFree user name and password?

It doesn't like those credentials. It doesn't like the credentials from my old site so I feel confident I'm not on the old server.

It doesn't like the email address I registered with, but it says it will send info to an @blacklightradio.com address... which never comes, despite me confirming that my @blacklightradio.com email still works. I'm baffled.

I'm wondering if anybody has any guidance on what could be going on.

Also, I noticed that my Wordpress index page isn't my front page... should I physically move everything from the "WP" folder to my root folder to get it to show up?

Thanks for all the help!

2. Gene Savage

Well, now I've done it.

I tried to restore a backup from Updraft Plus, and it told me I needed to pay to migrate from another site. It gave me the option to go ahead, so I did.

That created an error page that matched my previous site... nothing else.

Then I tried moving the WP folder to the root folder, and my index "page" now has added a WP_admin folder.

I think I need a wipe and to start over; is there an option to "reformat" my directory in cPanel? :oops:

3. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Hey there! There is! Did you use the auto installer?

Gene Savage likes this.
  4. Konstantin

If you clear everything out of the public_html folder your cPanel will be just like new when it comes to site files.

Gene Savage likes this.
  5. Gene Savage

I used the auto-installer initially for installing WordPress, yes.

However, I've since moved some folders and attempted a rather disastrous restoration.

Are you saying I should be able to uninstall Wordpress and it should clean out the rest of my mess in the process?

I'll take a look; thanks for the reply!

6. Gene Savage

AH! OK, wiping out the public-HTML folder then is what I want to do; I didn't want to mess anything else up in the process. Thanks!!!

7. Konstantin

Any application installed via the auto-installer can be removed using the auto installer as well, provided the information stays the same.

Gene Savage likes this.
  8. Konstantin

I apologize if the video is not ready yet, I always try to provide visuals as that's how I learn best.
    Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 9.39.01 PM.png

Gene Savage likes this.
  9. Gene Savage

Thank you for this! I think I saw a tutorial in another thread from you to install Wordpress... I figured to follow it, but I'll check this video out, too. I really appreciate it!!

Konstantin likes this.
  10. Gene Savage

Ah; you did it even easier than I did. I went in with Filezilla to grab them. The HTML version is slick!

Thanks again. It's embarrassing to be able to build a computer from scratch, stream internet radio, and do basic HTML coding but get totally lost when setting up a "hand-holding" web page builder. I"m trying to count this as a learning experience for me. ;-)

Konstantin likes this.
  11. Konstantin

No worries, glad I was able to help!
    Don't forget you can also edit admin account information in the auto installer.

Gene Savage likes this.
  12. Gene Savage

Hallelujah! We're back.

I made two mistakes in starting: first, I used the wrong Wordpress backup (which wanted to charge me to migrate). Second, I didn't look over the settings on the auto-installer.

I can now whole-heartedly recommend the "All-In-One WP Migration" plugin as a perfect solution to backup any site less than 512 MB in size. (They'll charge you if you go over 512 MB.) I created the backup on my old server as one monster zip file through their plugin, then set up the plugin on my new server here, and imported the file. Refreshed, and there it was!

As far as my other questions about directory locations and passwords: as Konstantin pointed out, those were all changeable when getting ready to run the auto-installer. I removed the "wp" subfolder option, created my username and password, clicked install, and away we went!

Thank you SO MUCH both for your help and your patience; I should be much quieter now (at least when it comes to needing support). :-D

Konstantin likes this.
  13. Konstantin

No problem! Glad I could help! Enjoy InstaFree!

Gene Savage likes this.
  14. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client

People on here enjoy the service to the extent that their motivated to volunteer and offer their help and experience to others that need it. Don't worry about the 'newbie' questions much. All of us were/are newbies to some degree and the questions you may be asking along with the responses given can potentially help the next individual looking for answers to the same problem. It all works out.

Ask away.. the worst that can happen is you stump us.

Gene Savage and Bryan like this.