Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

WordPress isn't the only blogging CMS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kuffy, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

Instafree offers a wide selection of free software packages that are suitable for creating blogs. Installation only takes a couple of minutes using the Softaculous installer that comes with your free plan.
    This is one that I have just set up using Pixie - Click here for the country garden

At the moment it's "straight out of the box", but I'll add some text and imagessoon. The real challenge will be in incorporating Google analytics. Many packages have plugins for this, I'm not sure if Pixie is one of them.

2. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Yes, is not the only one but is good to use a script that has many users, many testers and developers. You know, is very important have a support that can fix the bugs quickly. :)

Rony Ronouk likes this.
  3. Kuffy

I really liked that skin for a gardening blog, and the CMS seems to be a simple basic blog builder.

4. Fedora

Yes, the template is very cute. I like it. :)

5. Kuffy

I think I might create a domaining blog as well. I've added an Instafree banner to the top list'
    No text, just the logo, it will be interesting to see if it gets any clicks.

The top list is at - the top list of domainers tools

It would be even better if I developed more of the sites in it. :)

6. Fedora

Some months ago, I wanted a site like directory of links but never worked in that idea. The first time that I saw your site (anyurl) I remembered my idea. Maybe that script that you used is a good option for me.

7. Kuffy

There are some problems with it. It not supported any more, and the moderation would be a nightmare if I allowed 3rd parties to add sites.

I'm thinking of using a classified ads site to list domains for sale. If I get round to that, then it may be more suitable.

The other concept is a link dump, but given the number of spammers who have already found me, I think that would need to be a closed list as well.

8. Fedora

I see. Well for now I have not much time for new projects but I will consider the directory like a closed list. Thank you for the suggestion.

9. Kuffy

I've just been looking at the million dollar script as an alternative.

10. Fedora

How do you do with all your projects? I think you don't have much free time, always you are working in something. I admire you for that.

11. Kuffy

Not as well as I would if I finished some of them. :)

I need to build a bit of traffic so that I can fly some Google ads. I must get a banner from Bryan as well.

12. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Long story short... What would you recommend?

13. Kuffy

Drupal- if you want to set up a major site with a forum, blog, news feeds, photo section, static pages and multi-domain support etc. It's good for corporates, and with Drupal skills, you can probably earn money by maintaining web sites for corporates. There is a massive support community for Drupal.

WordPress - if you want to set up a large and serious blog. There are so many skins and plugins that you can use to make some really nice custom designs. There is a good support community as well

Piwigo - if you want to set up a photo gallery. There is continuing development, and a variety of plugins that you can use.

All of the above are well maintained CMS imho, and contain support for Google Analytics and other essential services.

If you want to build a quick and easy site, then it may be worth looking at some of the smaller and more focused CMS. Many of these are now unsupported and out of date, so expect to have to do some work to include GA, and current PHP software.

14. Kuffy

It looks as if Pixie is a bit too basic, and it's unsupported. I'm probaby going to change it.

15. Konstantin

I like Wordpress it's simple fast and easy. Hey, @Sir Clips I am working on a video project. Would really appreciate your help. Can you shoot me a PM :D Thanks for the post. Really good info!

16. Kuffy

Video projects are something for the future for me - hence the name " Sir Clips". I was going to try to create some YouTube clips. I really need to pace myself though, and I'll probably play with audio first. I tried installing some YouTube clones, but didn't really feel comfortable with the ones I chose.

You are welcome to send me a pm if you think I can help,but, as I said, I haven't got to the video stage yet.

17. Konstantin

Sounds good! See you there!

18. host2

host2 Hosting Client

wordpress first cms for any ideas in your mind ..i hope from Bryan to make section her to support wordpress ..

19. Konstantin

Could you explain? We already support WordPress... And Have An Auto Installer

20. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client

Wordpress is a great cms platform... They're all good to a certain degree, they all have "something" that gets int he way. :)

I personally like Grav (for more adv users currently) for my personal projects... but will use WordPress/Drupal for my customers. They hold their own pretty well and customers are happy enough. My reason to not use them personally, is they seem too heavy for simple sites. But the developer/linux admin in me is accustomed to being mindful of resources.

Pixie development on the other hand.. might just be a little too much on the "ghost town" side of things

Fedora and Konstantin like this.