1. Free Shared and Reseller Hosting account applications have been temporarily suspended.

For further information: Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

VPS for running python scripts?

Discussion in 'Free VPS Hosting' started by pierrot, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pierrot

pierrot New Member

Hello there, I am new here and just submitted an application for VPS hosting. I am sorry, I am a kind of newbie. I am looking for a remote solution that runs scripts on a regular basis (for instance, every 4 hours). The scripts to be run are python scripts that will collect data through a websocket and record them in csv files, that I then intend to retrieve once in a while. I have not provided any domain name as I don't have one. I do not intend to setup a website. Please, do you offer solution for this kind of need? Is a domain name needed for that? I thank you in advance for your reply and support. Have a good afternoon. Best regards,

2. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Hello and welcome! :)

You can see the Terms of Service here:

https://www.instafree.com/tos.php

In case of VPS:

You need a domain name for use a VPS.

Bryan likes this.
  3. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Hi there! What data are you collecting? Please remember that the IP address is under a NAT restriction.

Bryan likes this.
  4. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Hello,

As has been said, we require a paid domain name for VPS, regardless of the use. I'm assuming some sort of website scraping or such is being done by the script? If so, that will not work, as we do not want our IPs blacklisted.

Rony Ronouk likes this.