Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

Upload size

Discussion in 'Free Shared Hosting' started by Russell caskey, Oct 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Russell caskey

Russell caskey VPS Client Hosting Client

I know that when I use the file manager, it doesn't limit the upload size of the file besides what disk space you have left. I was trying 2 of the different photo galleries and they both are reporting that the max file size is 2MB per the php.ini file. Is that accurate? Is that for the server or per user basis?

Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Hi Russell,

Great question! All of your upload sizes via PHP scripts, i.e. the gallery, are handled via PHP itself, and separate from the File Manager and FTP. We allow full control over that on a per-user basis. The PHP default is 2MB, however, log in to your cPanel:

1. Click on Select PHP Version. It's a blue-looking icon probably 3/4 down the panel.
    2. If you are using "native (5.6)" for your PHP version, change that, to either the normal 5.6, or one of the 7.x series, assuming the scripts and your site support it, and hit the Set as Current button. Once you do that, you should see a screen with a bunch of PHP Modules and check boxes.
    3. Hit the Switch to PHP Options button.
    4. On that screen, adjust the post_max_size to whatever size you want. And adjust the upload_max_filesize to whatever you want. Both will control the upload size for files through PHP scripts. Hit the save button and you're set.

I went ahead and set it to 32M for you, but if you feel the need to modify further, just follow the above steps and you'll be good to go. :D

3. Jase Wolf

Jase Wolf Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

**sets to 10TB**

Fedora and Bryan like this.
  4. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Welcome! I can see Bryan already has you taken care of. Just as a friendly reminder:
    InstaFree TOS/AUP
    Welcome to InstaFree! We have people here from all over the world! While Bryan is the only one with Administrator access, we do our best to help when he's off saving the hosting world :p . Should you ever need support with anything, know that you are part of an active community that's here to help. I've been slacking a bit.... so thanks to those who have helped out.

Once again. Welcome! Enjoy your hosting with InstaFree.

Jase Wolf, Russell caskey and Bryan like this.
  5. Russell caskey

I appreciate the community forum. It's a great concept for people to share knowledge and be helpful. I am more than happy to reach out to you all for help.
    Thanks for the TOS. I am not hosting images for a company, so I'm clear of that. This was more for my own personal use for family photos, hence needing the larger filesize.

Thanks for your help and I'm sure I'll be talking to you again soon.

6. Russell caskey

Hmm. A 10TB file? That would be interesting. I feel like I wouldn't have enough bandwidth allowance for that. LOL

7. Russell caskey

I have to say that I am continually amazed by this site. Your service is perfect and fantastic for people such as myself that allows us to learn on a free basis for fun. Not only that, but you also take the time to respond and help others such as me as well. Not only do you respond, you actually explain it to. Big thumbs up to you.

Jase Wolf, Fedora and Bryan like this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Nor does the server have that disk space, so @Jase Wolf would be permanently exiled to the island of the cats. :p :p :p :p Meow!

Cat-Island-13.jpg

Jase Wolf and Fedora like this.
  9. Russell caskey

Speaking of not enough disk space, how many servers do you run at each location?

Also, I see cats everywhere here. What is the running joke behind it all?

10. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Cats dominate the world... and they also love @Bryan, so they decided to come to stay with him at Instafree.

[​IMG]

11. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Ha ha ha! Pretty much what @Fedora said. :) :)

Depends on the location. Anywhere from one to a few dozen.

Jase Wolf and Fedora like this.
  12. David Gregoire

David Gregoire Premium Hosting Client Hosting Client

LOL How timely!

I have been needing to do that with a different hosting company! I was planning on opening a ticket to ask 'em if I could be bumped up to share high resolution images. Instead of doing anything actually constructive, I decided to check the new posts here - and there this was!

It even worked at the other company! Sweet! Thanks!

Bryan likes this.