Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

Newbie, wondering when I will get some news about first sign up

Discussion in 'Free Shared Hosting' started by Alain Melsens, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Alain Melsens

Alain Melsens BANNED

Hello,
    I'm new here. I have signed up about 10 houres from now. I'm wondering when I will get some news about my subsrciption? I read somewhere that it could take 24 to 48 houres...
    I'm also wondering how everything is working here...
    Thanks in advance.

2. Richard-eh

Richard-eh New Member

Welcome Alain.

I also am new, but since this is the weekend, there may have been a popup screen that may have not appeared in your browser.

It reads "It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently."

Not to disuade, but by asking less than 24 hours into your signup, may mean that you did not read that bit, where it said your application *could* be denied.

The system people do have weekend(s) off occasionally.

so you just may have shot your own application in the foot, by asking here in the forums.

My guess, and it only is a guess, is that since the first part was seen by you, of the 24-48 hours, bit then perhaps the second part was not seen (it could have disapeared before you had a chnce to read it).

since you say you applied 10 hours ago, when it hits 48, then post back here if you have not heard one way or the other.

3. Alain Melsens

Alain Melsens BANNED

Ok,
    If this are the procedures how they will get members, than it will be without me anyway.
    I was only "wondering".... :(
    I didn't send any emails, only here in the forums. I didn't puch them... For what else are these forms?
    If they use this kind of methods to justify an applications or not, I will search elsewhere with instant enabling of new accounts.
    Thanks anyway.

4. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Hi guys!
    Applications take 24/48 hours to run through our system. We verify each order with a special set of standards. To expedite the process please review the TOS/AUP and ensure you are in full compliance.
    No worries I'm sure the admin will get back to you guys soon. It's worth the wait!

Bryan likes this.
  5. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Bryan likes this.
  6. Konstantin

Bryan likes this.
  7. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client

If you're looking for "Instant", you're in the wrong neighborhood. One thing is for sure, the wait of 24/48hrs, very seldoms a little more, is more than worth it for what you get. Top notch infrastructure, incredible support, and bangin' community. Personally, I'd have waited 30 days for the service I have gotten.

PS.. you can see, there be people here. :)

Spot on.. I'd wager there could possibly be a bit of a language barrier as well. @Bryan, the man in charge here, has been tops here.

Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Since you asked to have your account deleted, I'm not going to get too far in depth, but there is a very good reason we don't have instant activation. We do instant activation at our paid hosting for every one of our services, because fraud checks are run on your information, credit card or PayPal, etc. When you are submitting payment information, it's easy to check the information.

With free hosting, those checks don't exist. We have no idea you are who you actually say you are, so we do research...probably more research than any other free host in existence. The result is servers that are not overloaded with spam, phishing, and other garbage, IP addresses that are not on any blacklists (i.e. you can actually send email from our servers and it goes through! Imagine that!), etc. Our load on the most current free server? Load Averages: 0.30 0.30 0.38. And there are a whole lot of accounts on that server. It sure ain't empty! Disk I/O? http://instafree.com/status.php Not happening!

So that's what you get with a short 24-48 hour wait. Would I like to make it quicker? Sure! But I have to sleep at some point, and providing free hosting isn't my job. Have to work too.

So when you go to your next free host, let me know how that all works out for you. ;)

C2Kstudios, Jase Wolf and Fedora like this.
  9. Hussam Al-Tayeb

Hussam Al-Tayeb Hosting Client

Diplomacy also helps especially if you are simply checking for activity. You can't cancel your application and storm out only because you didn't get an immediate reply.
    Something like "Hi. I signed up 10 hours ago. I hope to host my site here. I'll make sure to follow the rules. The forums look nice, etc... etc..." would have looked much better.

Jase Wolf likes this.
  10. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

He actually never completed the application either. :D

Jase Wolf likes this.
  11. Jase Wolf

Jase Wolf Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

The sky will fall before he gets any response at that rate LOL

Bryan likes this.
  12. Konstantin

At the end of the day, Bryan does what he can. 1) Be thankful a host like @Bryan offers this.
    1A: It's worth the wait
    2) Yes, I know it's not instant but guess what?? It's FREE and if you aren't satisfied the door is always open
    3: Quality takes time, I used a paid hosts (yes multiple) and they are in no way compared to @Bryan
    4: Unlimited doesn't exist. At least not for quality hosting. Some hosts offer "Unlimited" but, I can almost assure you that server is overloaded.
    The choice is yours. I'm sure @Bryan will give you ONE MORE shot to do things correctly. We are all about transparency and part of that is on you.