Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

multiple services at a time

Discussion in 'Free Reseller Hosting' started by aperrotti, Jun 20, 2018.

1. aperrotti

aperrotti TERMINATED

@Bryan sorry to tag you really am, are you allowed to have multiple free services activated on your account just wondering thanks

2. Evets

Evets Hosting Client

INSTAFREE ACCOUNT

1. You must use your real first and last name when signing up, and must maintain a valid email address. Failure to do so will result in removal of your account, and server-wide suspension of your IP address and other credentials.
    2. You are allowed to create one (1) account only, and host one (1) website/domain on our free servers. Users found having multiple accounts will have all their accounts deleted without warning, and will not be allowed to utilize our services at any time in the future.
    3. All applicants must submit their real personal/company information, and must pass the same fraud checks that our paying clients must pass.
    4. Using a proxy or IP masking device when signing up will result in an automatic denial.
    5. Please visit our Forbidden Countries List. If your country is on the list, don't bother applying. Your application will be denied.
    6. All our services require users to have valid domains. Users with hidden/private WHOIS must be able to provide proof of domain ownership.

Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  3. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Yep, @Evets summed it up quite nicely. :)

Evets, aperrotti and Jase Wolf like this.
  4. Jase Wolf

Jase Wolf Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

**Jasja signs up for an account** <- not me... honest :D

Bryan and Fedora like this.
  5. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

[​IMG]

David Gregoire, Bryan and Jase Wolf like this.
  6. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Well that was a short stay. LOL!!

Fedora and Jase Wolf like this.
  7. Fedora

Seriously?

[​IMG]

Evets, Bryan and Jase Wolf like this.
  8. Fedora

[​IMG]

9. Jase Wolf

[​IMG]

Bryan and Fedora like this.
  10. David Gregoire

David Gregoire Premium Hosting Client Hosting Client

I'd have assumed that folks would realize that someone who bans entire countries might be a stickler for the rules and be alert for rule violations. C'mon now!

I even found y'all a cat picture.

[​IMG]

11. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Wasn't even one of our rules specifically that he violated. He thought it would be a good idea to run a pirated version of WHMCS. Whoops! :)

12. David Gregoire

Yeah, those "nulled" scripts seem like a freakin' brilliant thing to trust and use on a production server!

Jase Wolf likes this.
  13. Womack

Womack Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client Hosting Client

I don't understand why people would think on a host like this, with how active Bryan is, that they'd be able to do it for long...

I even remember reading an old thread where Bryan banned someone for the same reason. So it's not like there wasn't a precedent set.

Evets, Bryan, Jase Wolf and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jase Wolf

Not to mention doing an account under your reseller for your friend, installing that nulled software on their account and then that friend shows off to me that software which I then ask if it's been bought... As it is an awfully costly software.

So he then discovers the 20 year long "license" that would cost $7200 for that length of license. Yup definitely legitimate software.. XD

Evets and David Gregoire like this.
  15. David Gregoire

I don't advocate breaking rules, but it seems to me that rule-breaking people should learn to hide their misdeeds better.

16. Fedora

@Bryan is the best investigator in the world. He always catches them. :p

[​IMG]

Evets, Bryan, David Gregoire and 2 others like this.
  17. Womack

He is pretty good. Now if he only could find my lost keys.

Evets, Bryan, Fedora and 2 others like this.
  18. Jase Wolf

They're in your pocket ;)

Evets, Bryan, Fedora and 2 others like this.
  19. Womack

Oh.
    How embarrassing :(

Bryan, Fedora and Jase Wolf like this.
  20. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Well...and that's just it. I don't go through anybody's files ever...well, unless I'm legally obligated to, or a case of copyright infringement or nulled scripts or such. I couldn't tell you what you have uploaded, aside from what's on your website. And honestly, I don't care...again, unless there's some sort of abuse taking place. That's just a simple privacy thing. Even though I have nothing to hide, I wouldn't want people going through my files, and I extend the same.

But when you try to run a host using a nulled copy of software, people are going to notice, and people are going to call you out. The WHMCS Piracy Dept. was involved almost from the start. He was also running a nulled copy of XenForo on another site, but that's neither here nor there.

Exactly! There are warnings all over the place, and it's just something you generally don't want to do. I've been in this industry a very long time...23 years this upcoming January. I'm a friggin' dinosaur by hosting standards, but being around that long, I know pretty much everybody. I have a good partnership with WHMCS, and cPanel, and several other places, I know the developers, I personally know the owners of the good majority of the hosting companies out there.

I get the cost thing. I get that maybe you want to try the software first, and not all these places have trials, etc. I get it. But if I allow those things to be hosted here (not even to mention the backdoors and such in a production environment, like @David Gregoire mentioned), all it does is jeopardize my relationship with those folks, and that certainly isn't something I want to have happen.

There's a reason these servers are super clean and super fast. And that's just how I like it. :)

The latest Dallas server has just under 300 accounts right now. Loads are almost non-existent.

Load Averages: 0.43 0.53 0.47

yearload.png

The latest VPS server in Las Vegas, with a pretty decent number of VPSs (I believe around 50)? Nope, not going to find any load there either.

vpsload.png

Evets, Fedora, David Gregoire and 2 others like this.