Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Let's give this a go...

Discussion in 'Free VPS Hosting' started by Eric S., Sep 5, 2017.

1. Eric S.

Eric S. VPS Client Hosting Client

Been a while since I've delved into VPS-land. But I figured, why not? Got the application in and will give it a go. Just like riding a bike, right? Lol

Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  2. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client

Welcome to the forums.. and best of luck

for me at least... it is like riding a bike.. but admittedly I've been doing all this for nearly 28 years...

ok fine... my bike is hella vintage

Jase Wolf, Eric S. and Bryan like this.
  3. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Welcome!

Eric S. likes this.
  4. Eric S.

Eric S. VPS Client Hosting Client

Thank you guys :) I've been a shared client for a little while. Figured I'd try getting back into the VPS side of things a little bit.

Speaking of , since it's been a while, when everything is processed... I am not wanting to use Apache. How is lighttpd vs nginx now a days?

5. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Well apache has really been kicking things up. lighttpd is known for being super light. Just depends on what you're looking for.

6. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client

For VPS I typically go with nginx personally. Just hard to beat the flexibility / performance / resource usage

whitedwarf likes this.
  7. IEpicDestroyer

IEpicDestroyer Premium VPS Client

I currently use Apache, but I plan to switch to openlitespeed just to ease the load on the VPS. Apparently even when the official website of Sinusbot (it's on the same VPS) said that it's very lightweight, it still likes to keep 20% cpu to itself when it's just connected to Teamspeak and no one's listening to it...

8. whitedwarf

whitedwarf Hosting Client

I must say I'm partial to nginx myself. Like Joe said can't beat how low a load it places on your system.

Joe Rodriguez likes this.
  9. IEpicDestroyer

There's someone trying to create a free control panel for running a OpenLitespeed server, looks really nice atm, so I'm just waiting for it's stable release.

10. whitedwarf

That would be awesome. I've been doing some research on it and I'd be interested in this.

11. IEpicDestroyer

The link to the site is http://cyberpanel.net/ the beta is open to be downloaded and it's free, but I'm just waiting until they support more linux os (only for centos 7 atm). I like Ubuntu more...

12. whitedwarf

I'd have to agree with you there. I use Ubuntu for any type of remote server if possible. Seems like it's way easier to find and install whatever I need. Although I do run Arch Linux on my laptop and media server. Just plain powerful. And cyber panel looks promising. Looks like it's not ready for production just yet.

13. IEpicDestroyer

Ya, it'll soon be ready for production I believe, just missing some features..