1. Free Shared and Reseller Hosting account applications have been temporarily suspended.

For further information: Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

Help with email protocol and settings

Discussion in 'Free Shared Hosting' started by JimG, Mar 19, 2019.

1. JimG

JimG Hosting Client

I use a desktop client (Thunderbird) on my main desktop computer and use a web browser from my mobile devices.

I have used IMAP for many years, now, and have been able to download messages to my desktop and also leave them on the server. I delete messages I don't want and move the ones I want to keep to local folders. I want to leave some messages on the server so I can read them when I am away from the house.

I have now tried both IMAP and POP settings between Thunderbird and InstaFree. Both appear to download messages to the desktop and remove them from the server. I have reviewed the Thunderbird settings and the website InstaFree settings and can't see the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there an online help guide available?

Thanks,
    Jim

Bryan likes this.
  2. JimG

JimG Hosting Client

Oops! I really have egg on my face, this time. I have gone back to IMAP and everything is working as expected. The cause for my confusion was that when I log into the server I am taken directly to the 'Main' account (thegoodeshome), and the account I will typically use is Jim@TheGoodesHome.com. I kept looking at the Main account and trying to sync it up with the other one.

A huge mistake. Sorry to bother everyone,
    Jim Goode

Bryan likes this.
  3. Jase Wolf

Jase Wolf Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Egg boy sure gets about

Bryan likes this.