Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

B2evolution and Instafree

Discussion in 'Testimonials / Reviews' started by Kuffy, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

I've been using Instafree for quite some time now, and it is a truly amazing free service. This has been posted by several of the long term users. They mention the great support and the lack of downtime, as well as the fast page loading for sites hosted here. The extras that come with an account don't seem to get much of a mention, so I thought that I would mention just one of them.

Included with your account is a free copy of Softaculous, and all the CMS packages that come with it. One of these is B2evolution, and Ive started to experiment with this, and I love it. It is a fork derived from the old B2 blogging package, and you may have heard of the other forked package - it is called Word Press. One big advantage of B2evo is that many of the extra features are integrated into the basic installation, and you don't need to mess with a variety of plugins that may not be mutually compatible. It installs in a few seconds with Softaculous, and you can start to use it straight away.

I set up a domaining blog using the default skin and most of the default settings. You can view the site here -
    The Name Stag
    Please remember that this site is only a few days old, and it is a background project, and not a primary project. I posted it to show how you can use modern CMS packages to get a fast start with a new project.

Instafrree is more than just a hosting provider - it is a community and a complete web service. It is a constant surprise to me that such a great service can be provided free.

Fedora and Bryan like this.
  2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Thanks for the kind review @Kuffy !

It really is a good community of core members here, and that's the goal. If we can all get together here and help each other out, all the better.

Thanks for being a fantastic contributor here too!

Fedora likes this.
  3. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

Thanks for your kind words Bryan ( he's our number 1 helper).

I should probably clarify my post a bit. B2evolution is just one of the blog management packages available at Instafree. It happens to be my choice for a variety of reasons, but most of the bloggers here use Word Press, so if you are considerring using Word Press, there is an easy Softaculous intallation available, and several members to provide help to get you started.

Bryan and Fedora like this.