Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

Access to site and dns

Discussion in 'Free Shared Hosting' started by Ben Christian, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Ben Christian

Ben Christian Hosting Client

Hello..I am reasonably new to hosting on cpanel and not sure of some things. sorry for the dumb questions.

Is there a way to get to my site prior to the DNS being propagated?

i thought it would have been ipaddress/home/name where that was provided in my signup email, but it doesn't seem to work.

Also, do I need to change my domain name Name Services to IF, or can i just point the a record to the IP address of the shared server?

thanks
    ben

2. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

Bryan likes this.
  3. Ben Christian

Ben Christian Hosting Client

Konstantin likes this.
  4. Konstantin

Konstantin Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

You are more than welcome

5. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client

You DO NOT need to switch over to the IF DNS servers.

You should be able to adjust the A entry (IPv4) and/or AAAA entry (IPv6) to point to the server's IP. The webserver is just waiting for requests made to your domain and will serve your pages accordingly. Ofcourse, once the appropriate entries are made in DNS and is funneling traffic to the correct address.

Personally the way I typically setup is I have my DNS managed in CloudFlare which offers quite a bit of features at no cost and direct traffic from there.

and... welcome :)

Bryan likes this.