Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

Accept BitCoins

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tempress, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Tempress

Tempress TERMINATED

Could you maybe accept bitcoins as a payment? I have my money but I dont see a place to buy reseller with BC.

2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Hi. Unfortunately, we don't accept bitcoins. :( It's just too much of a hassle, to be honest, for the very few people we have ever had ask to use it.

3. SharedHostGMBH

SharedHostGMBH TERMINATED

but Bryan what if he cant convert it to paypal?

4. Fedora

Fedora Premium Hosting Client VPS Client

If many users does not ask for pay with bitcoin, it is not possible consider this like a method of payment.
    Maybe, in the near future, the websites will be thinking about bitcoin but for now all use the classic method of payment.
    Bitcoin maybe is good, but is not massive the use of this now.

5. Hussam Al-Tayeb

Hussam Al-Tayeb Hosting Client

Bitcoins are not real currency. They are "digital" virtual currency or basically a commodity. Banks don't exchange/store them. Governments don't replace/renew them and cannot create them based or demand or necessity. That is the main characteristic of real currency and the nature of bitcoins prevents it.

6. sander k

sander k Hosting Client

Bitcoins are just a currency for the black market if you ask me.

Hussam Al-Tayeb and Bryan like this.
  7. Fedora

That is the reason for that I am not interested in this currency.

8. Kuffy

Kuffy Premium Hosting Client

Hi Instafree members, I'm a bit apprehensive about making this a first post on this forum.Especially as I am waiting for approval for a reseller account.

I'm aBitcoin fan, and I'd like to comment on a couple of comments in this thread.

The vast majority of illegal activities and terrorism are funded via conventional banks. HSBC is known to handle many billions of dollars on behalf of drug dealers and terrorists. Unfortunately Silk Road and Mount Gox gave Bitcoin a bad name. However over $1billion has been invested in Bitcoin startup ventures, and these are honest and legitimate. Bitcoin is here to stay as an Internet currency.

Bitcoin is a crypto-currency, and this gives it a more stable base than the virtual currencies created by the banks. In the modern world, governments only create cash, ie. the folding money in your pocket. Bank deposits are created by the banks, and are out of the control of governments. This is why there is a massive debt mountain, and I believe this will lead to the failure of many banks in the not too distant future.

9. Hussam Al-Tayeb

Hussam Al-Tayeb Hosting Client

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  10. Kuffy

A lot of things are virtul now. Domain names are virtual property for example. I could enter into a long discussion about Bitcoin, but I would just point out that all Bitcoin transaction are transparent, and are permanently accessable by any individual or organisation right back to their creation. ( and I do know about mixers ). All currencies are volatile, Bitcoin more than most at the moment, but that will stabilise.

Why do I say bank deposits are virtual? It is fairly easily established if you look up fractional reserve banking. This is the way banks increase the money supply without any government control. Only M0 money is contolled by the central banks. For example, when a bank grants a £100,000 mortgage. They just create that money in their accounts, there is no associated asset underpinning it.

11. Fedora

I understand your point... cough cough... I mean your dot. :D

Jase Wolf likes this.
  12. host2

host2 Hosting Client

so what do u think about cashu.com ?

13. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Never heard of them.

host2 likes this.
  14. host2

host2 Hosting Client

its new trust paid system working with facebook ads and google play ..take a look https://www.cashu.com/
    is working for who dont have credit card to pay from internet

15. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

They are based out of Jordan, Dubai, and Singapore. Sorry, but we would never trust them with our company's bank account details. Absolutely no way.

host2 likes this.
  16. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client

I use Bitcoin quite often actually in my business.. couple of customers pay me exclusively in Bitcoin... heck, some of them, I wouldn't accept anything but bitcoin.

Just FYI.. Paypal accepts Bitcoin aswell

Bryan likes this.
  17. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

PayPal does, and we're looking at getting Stripe added here too, for the people who want to use Bitcoin or hate PayPal. LOL!

Joe Rodriguez likes this.
  18. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez Premium VPS Client Premium Hosting Client

lol, yea I expected someone to make that connection.. I've been debating Stripe for that very reason, think it would work good with my freelance setup. Not a fan of paypal myself, but.. it does deposit money straight into my accounts within 24/48hrs typically.

I don't use paypal for bitcoin though.. I don't trust them with my bitcoin

cashu has been around since 2002.. the one thing it's succeeded at well is developing one heck of a bad reputation

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Jase Wolf and Bryan like this.
  19. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Same here, but everybody uses it, so you have to make it available. Same thing with the super fast deposits. Stripe is considerably slower, from what I'm told.

20. Kuffy

I won't use PayPal - from my experiences, they are not an honest company. They also take 6 months to confirm a transaction, and that's too long for me. Theyt can reverse a transaction at any time up to six months from payment.

Jase Wolf, Joe Rodriguez and Bryan like this.